"..And outside, spreading all the way up the mountainside, were the colours we had come to see. "

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Day 05 - Last day in Inje

Today, we did not have to wake up early as Jimmy had appointment with his friends and we gonna have lunch with Ling. Yet, I still woke up early as my clothes that i washed the previous night was not completely dry, i needed to use the dryer again. This time, i will put it to the maximum heat! When i stepped into the laundry room again, i realized the left partition written 남자 , and right, 여자. I was shocked and embarrassed suddenly as last night, i used the guy's laundry without noticing the sign board. No wonder, the people there looked at me with weird expression. Sigh, what a stupid thing to do. Fortunately, last night, i did not take the guys clothes out from the machine while waiting. Else, I would be no where to hide. Anyway, there were not many people in the morning compared to the night. I continued with the dryber. It took about 45 minutes, so while waiting, i can use the pc in the lab to online. After 45 minutes, i took my clothes out and back to my room. We still had some time to go before 12pm. Initially, we planned to phone Ling to tell her we would be having lunch together. However, the public phone is unusable, so we failed to contact her. I had left an email to her, but i guess she didnt check it. Hence, we went back to biotech lobby, but she wasn't there. I realized how much i was attached to mobile phone. I went up to the lab at 3rd floor and checked my mailbox to see if she left me any emails, but she didnt. So I met up with Cathy and we went to the canteen which she mentioned. Finally, we saw her. We had our lunch with the coupons she gave. The food there was ok. But we saw many of the korean adoptees who took a lot of food but did not finish it.
Ling said, they had the habit of wasting food. Ling asked us to bring a present back for her children. We had to agree and promised we 'll see her again to get the bag of goods. Soon, we finished the lunch and she rushed for class.

We met Jimmy and friends in front of INJE. We waited for about 30 minutes and together we catched a cab to Sineosan. It costed 5000 won. Sineosan was actually a mountain just behind INJE. It was within walking distance, but we had better save our stamina for the afterwards uphill road. The cab dropped us by the bottom of the hill, near a temple.We visited the temple
and snapped some photos. Some of the small buddha's statues looked delicate. The scene in the temple was picturesque. Brown autumn leaves enhanced with the ancient roof design. It was a perfect unity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home